Abstract
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the server should be... imo ( kind of long ) Add any idea's you have ontop of mine!

+6
xanthius101
Luri
-Frankel
Werewolf
Shawn
Mancave
10 posters

Go down

How the server should be... imo  ( kind of long ) Add any idea's you have ontop of mine! Empty How the server should be... imo ( kind of long ) Add any idea's you have ontop of mine!

Post  Mancave Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:16 pm

First off, rates and leveling. Insta-50 is a bad idea.

Several servers have done this quite well, but could use small tweaks. Insta level 20, then x2 XP ZONE WIDE, then in popular PvE zones make it x8, other semi-popular zones could be x4. This makes competition for the better camps. But also allows people to go to other remote locations to PvE without the chance of being ganked. Add a XP bonus for the more people you have in your group. Make RP rate x2, but in certain PvP zones make it 50% more so that people go there to find other people looking to PvP.

Zones

Have one area for PvP. You could raise a poll for this, or it could switch every day or something. But add a 50% bonus to RPs and BPs in this certain zone, which would bring the main focus of PvP to this area. It shouldn't be small, it should be a fairly open zone. Such as Cots, goth, Aegir, several ToA zones, Mag mell, or even some of the ML dungeons could work.

As far as PvE goes, you should keep most common PL spots open. Modern, Avalon City, Orcs, PoC, Darkness Falls, Pygmys, or whatever else.

Make one main city as a Main safe zone to craft, trade, train, or just go AFK.

Gear

DO NOT GIVE OUT FREE 101/101 STATS AND CAPPED RESISTS!!

I think you should have to farm for the Magical items/Jewelry, do quests, or buy them from other players. Implement crafting so people can make possible templates. However, increase the crafting rate to like x20, or x30 to make the drag of crafting much faster. But make it cost just as much as normal, so they have to farm to get the plat to craft. Also, make sure items have the right stats. You don't want a piece of cloth armor with charisma, or only a piece with quickness that's going to be for a sorc, where as quickness is a pointless stat. You could add twists to where you can overcap certain stats, but only to an extent. You get some casters with outrageous piety, or ToA bonuses.. it becomes unbalanced. But twists can be good for a change from the live daoc we know.

Crafting

All crafting implemented and working. Allow all realms to craft in the safe zone city. This allows for potions and armor/weps to be made, alch'd and sc'd. The way a realm template should be made.

Classes

Implement ALL classes, and make sure they're working accordingly to live standards. Some servers implement custom classes, and I think it's a good idea for a mix. However, the custom class MUST BE BALANCED! If you have improper balance of classes, then you have people rage quitting within the first week of the servers release.

Buffs

Even though it is 2010, some people do not have the computers to run multiple accounts. This isn't a case for myself, but you have to think from a wide variety of players. A lot of people still play daoc because of the fact you can play it with a low-end PC. So, implement /bb commands that give maybe give buffs, but at a cost. This cost could be Bps, or gold. BPs would probably be best.

CLs/MLs

Champion levels and Master levels need to be implemented. With new abilities and spells, they're a must have for overall class balance. You could make these obtainable through BPs, token drops, or even gold.

Relics and Guilds

Allow relics to be taken by guilds. However, don't make it a drastic advantage, just something to have pride for basically. Also, allow Guilds to attack other guild members. Implement Merit bonuses for RPs, BPs, Exp, or whatever else.

Conclusion

You have to keep peoples attention. You want to make it easy, but yet somewhat hard to obtain a 50 templated toon. A server isn't anything if it is up for a couple of weeks, then gone. You cannot implement rates that are out the ass, such as 10x RP, because within a couple weeks time someone will be RR12 and then quit. However, you don't want it to be so null and boring that it takes as long, or longer to achieve things then it does on live. I believe a great PvP server is a clone of a Mordred, but dumbed down a bit so that's it's easier to obtain EXP, RP, and gear. Also, make it so the world is a bit smaller so you don't have ~50-100~ people roaming around looking for someone to kill.

I noticed you had some type of "flagged" system. IMO, it's a really bad idea. There shouldn't be any limits to attack someone outside of a con system. If someone is lower then green, they shouldn't be able to be attacked unless they attack you. This would eliminate the problem of Grey ganking.

Add any ideas you can think of, or maybe edit some of my ideas. I know some of this is probably pretty difficult to code, and i having no experience may be talking out of my ass. However, things like this make a server that lasts IMO. You may disagree, but i'm to the point it's either quit daoc, or spend the time to reach level 50 on Uthgard or return to live.

cheers Cool

Last edited by Mancave on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Tweaked)

Mancave

Back to top Go down

How the server should be... imo  ( kind of long ) Add any idea's you have ontop of mine! Empty Re: How the server should be... imo ( kind of long ) Add any idea's you have ontop of mine!

Post  Shawn Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Met this guy today, looks like most of his ideas are actually very good so +1 to most of his ideas on my part, plus you should read the patch notes the admin posted so you can see whether or not you like something... so far so good you should consider his suggestions.

Shawn
Gamemaster Recruiter
Gamemaster Recruiter

Back to top Go down

How the server should be... imo  ( kind of long ) Add any idea's you have ontop of mine! Empty Re: How the server should be... imo ( kind of long ) Add any idea's you have ontop of mine!

Post  Werewolf Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Yes, that looks like fun and definitely doable.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Head In-Game Admin
Head In-Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  -Frankel Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:59 pm

+1 to this. Buff bot idea is a must imo. In eden they have a /bb command for 5 bps. Really good idea there. With pve zones i suggest it to be pure pve and no rvr at all in it. Ive been to many servers were it can be pve/rvr and its just not fun getting killed when your trying to get bps. I think a /info button to see other players rr/class something on the lines of that, and a /jgl so you can port to your group leader. Just two ideas that come to mind right now. Ill post more later on and see what you guys think.
-Frankel
-Frankel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Luri Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:39 am

Dragonslayer/Artifacts/Ml10 Merchants OR zones where you can farm these items. But must have Vip or something like that to enter these zones.
(Tradeable)
Morph Merchant for Setup zone only.(If port morph will go away)
Changing Pvp maps?
Changing Pve maps?
Epic Mobs in Pve zones for drops.
Effect Master? (Wep Speed/Color/Effect)
Horse Merchant+Barding/armor
Mythirians?
Tasks.
Maybe a couple of self-made armor pieces or weapons?
Skill Templates.
Dummies.
Class restrictions in Pvp (Warden/Cata classes/Bonedancer)
Like on Explicit, have to buy the ability to use Cata Classes. very good idea.
Btw these are just off the top of my head Smile
Luri
Luri

Back to top Go down

Post  xanthius101 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:40 am

I want Crafting to be A VERY large and IMPORTANT part of the game... only recommendation besides those above =)
xanthius101
xanthius101

Back to top Go down

Post  ™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™ Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:41 am

implement tacos.
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™

Back to top Go down

Post  xanthius101 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:41 am

NiZPaK wrote:implement tacos.

O.O
xanthius101
xanthius101

Back to top Go down

Post  ™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™ Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:59 am

xanthius101 wrote:
NiZPaK wrote:implement tacos.

O.O

That's what I said alright...
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnwald Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 am

Hastener would be nice addition, also the patch note mentions that crafting is enabeld but how can I buy the materials? Or poisons from the poison merchants & etc?

Also the test dummies have to be away from the wall else no rear styles can be tested.

And a small suggestion, whilst being in test fase make chars instant 50 on login with all they need in inventory, will make testing different chars/classes out a lot easier.

Sincere greetings,
Arnwald

Arnwald

Back to top Go down

Post  -Frankel Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:04 am

hastner is being added i beleive. There are Poison merchants in the middle of camelot where startup is.
-Frankel
-Frankel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnwald Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:13 am

-Frankel wrote:There are Poison merchants in the middle of camelot where startup is.

The problem isn't that they aren't there but how 1 can purchase anything from them without having money or bp.

Arnwald

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toph Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:55 am

You're a bad seed.

The Toph

Back to top Go down

Post  ™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™ Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:03 am

Someone shouldn't have watered you...
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toph Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:20 am

ROFL
/Thread my friend.

The Toph

Back to top Go down

Post  ™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™ Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 pm

tehe <3
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilthantis Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Why would anyone want to level toons? I personally did enough of that on live....even if xp is accelerated its still a waste of time. If killing mobs is fun for you then by all means make a zone and go kill mobs.... I do like the idea of having crafted armor and having to farm epic mobs for good drops. Also 2x rps is wack, need way more. The game was great when it was all new and exciting, but now that I've lvl'd so many toons and gotten multiple high rr toons the fun isnt there in trying to attain those goals, I just wanna run around and kill people.

Gilthantis

Back to top Go down

Post  -Frankel Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:27 pm

The game is aboit leveling your char and gearing it right. besides live and uthgard there arent to many servers that provide that. If you do not wish to level your character ( how this server is going to be ) then maybe this one isnt for you?
-Frankel
-Frankel
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toph Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:07 am

lolwtf

The Toph

Back to top Go down

Post  ™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™ Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:07 pm

quit deleting my posts shawn lol. idc bout the nigger one but damn son!
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™

Back to top Go down

Post  ™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™ Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:09 pm

i had 61 posts lastnight when i went to bed, and i log on now and have 44 lol wtfux?

RACISM AT IT'S FINEST!
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™

Back to top Go down

Post  xanthius101 Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:04 pm

It's because you like to spam >.>
xanthius101
xanthius101

Back to top Go down

Post  ™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™ Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 pm

pfft. i r not spamming I love you
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™
™ÑÎŽÞÂÇ™

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down